Payroll accounting manager
Solon, OH, 44139, USA | Job Type: Full-Time
About the Role
The Third Estimate has served our Northeast Ohio community for over 27 years— since 1996. We are a family-owned and locally operated business in Solon, Ohio. Our company strives to provide superior customer service, integrity, and trust. We take pride in our top-notch craftsmanship, so we only offer the best high-quality products in the exterior home improvement market for roofing, windows, siding, and gutter systems.
The Payroll Accounting Manager assumes responsibility for planning, coordinating, and supervising the daily operations of the accounting/financial unit of payroll and other financial services duties to accurately calculate The Third Estimate’s accounting functions in a timely and professional manner while maintaining compliance with State(s) rules and regulations.
- Maintain accurate records for the entire financial operations, including receivables, payables, payroll for 50+ employees, 30+ Independent Contractors, bonuses, working capital, budgets, general accounting, etc.
- Supervise accounting support personnel and plan and implement training for various field payroll accounting functions related.
- Respond to questions and issues from the employee’s and/or vendor’s in respect to budget, payroll, liability accounts reconciliation, or other accounting issues.
- Develop department work schedule to assure accurate timely processing of payroll; as well as project and analyze future payroll processing issues.
- Review payroll accounting methods and procedures; recommend changes to payroll accounting systems, automated or manual, and implement change as directed.
- Prepare a variety of payroll accounting, and other payroll related tax reports while maintaining a variety of complex up to date records; assess requirements for reports and assign sections for preparation to staff; prepare graphics and charts as necessary.
- Regulate compliance with State requirements and other related directives for assigned payroll accounting functions.
- Partner directly with our outside Accounting Firm as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of principles of accounting including auditing, budgeting and computerized accounting reports
- Familiarity with wage & hour laws
- (3)+ Years of Accounting / Payroll
- High School Diploma (OR) GED Equivalent
- MS Office Proficiency
- Must be dependable, maintain regular attendance and be punctual
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Certification(s) in related field – GAAP
- (3)+ Years of Supervisory / Managerial Experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic
- QuickBooks experience
- (2+) Years of Home Improvement Industry experience
We offer competitive pay, incentives, bonuses, long-term stable employment, and a fun family environment! We will provide excellent training with ongoing support as it’s our mission to ensure teamwide success to continue our growth. We are an ambitious growing company that seeks highly motivated ambitious people.
The Third Estimate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy concerning recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment. The company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please contact the Human Resources department.